The key to planning a harvest is understanding:
- What type of crop will be harvested
- How much crop will be harvested
- The distance between a crop and the processing plant
- When a crop is ready for harvest
AgDat Mapping is a sophisticated but simple tool that enables relatively untrained field officers to accurately map and record the attributes of every crop, variety and paddock for growers and harvest contractors. It was developed by Agtrix to map crops for harvest, predict yield and provides critical base data to inform harvest planning and management. AgDat Mapping data can be used to:
- Integrate with satellite interpretation or crop modeling analysis to improve crop estimates
- Assess the influence of unexpected events like fire or flood on the estimated crop
- Identify varieties susceptible to disease outbreak.
AgDat Mapping evolved from customised mapping tools developed for Australia’s sugar industry and currently used by more than 20 mills across the country. It is one element of the integrated AgDat software solution.